Identify or develop the connectivity means to enable seamless data access, sharing and movement between onboard mobile mining equipment systems.
The Technology and Connectivity Working Group was formed to define a guideline or standard for applications to share data sources as an attempt to reduce the redundancy of data flow in onboard mobile equipment. A draft guideline for an API was developed in late 2014, with continued input required from the industry. The ultimate intent is to identify an API that can be used by all to consolidate, use and share the data that is being collected by and to the various onboard applications.
Current project objectives are:
- Stimulate industry engagement and feedback on definition of onboard data and systems integration.
- Identify industry API requirements and potential roadblocks.
- Survey new API technologies and standards.
Modern mining technology collects a vast array of data from a variety of source applications, however siloed development by suppliers leads to duplicated data flows to each new application, an increase in onboard sensing components and increased costs and maintenance. The development of a mining API offers measurable benefits attached to the pillars of mining stakeholder profitability:
- Provides timely access to asset health and production data to identify symptoms of situations that reduce operational effectiveness
- Gives insight into root causes – and cost to the business – to identify issues requiring immediate resolution.
- Enables a single point of entry for the manually input of data to reduce operator interaction and enhance data quality.
- Enhances alarm and warning notification filtering to reduce nuisance alarms and increase operator situational awareness.
- Synchronizes time between devices and/or applications ensuring that data from independent systems can be correlated.
09 22, 2015A draft guideline for an Application Program Interface (API), specifically for device interconnectivity on mobile mining equipment, is now in review. While the API for onboard data integration itself has ...