The T&C WG worked with the Situation Awareness WG to implement an API model for the display management component of the Unified Interface Proof of Concept. The Proof of Concept demonstrated that the API publish/subscribe model provides the capability set required to enable multiple applications to interactively be displayed through a single, unified screen.
The next step for the T&C WG is focused on defining the full set of Functional Requirements for an API framework to manage both:
- Device Management - the ability to both send and receive data/requests to/from onboard devices in real-time.
- Display Management - expanding on the Unified Interface Proof of Concept to enable a more feature-rich operator tool.
A critical step in this process will be ensuring that requirements are solicited from the broad range of stakeholders that provide or access onboard data, including (but not limited to):
- Mine Operators
- OEM’s – both providers of onboard devices and consumers of data from 3rd party devices
- Technology providers – both providers of onboard devices and consumers of data from 3rd party devices
- Hardware / Communications providers – both providers of onboard devices and consumers of data from 3rd party devices
- Consultants – consumers of data from 3rd party devices
- Standards Organizations – responsible for promoting and maintaining use of standards in the provision of and access to onboard data