The objectives of the Asset Management Working Group are to be addressed through the following actions. These may change with the amount of information the group gathers and our level of understanding of how people use the information.
1. Identify stakeholders of the information collected /used in a mine. This will be done initially through a collective brainstorming and experience of working group members.
2. Identify common KPIs used in operating a mine. Also to be done initially through brainstorming and experience of working group members. We will need permission to identify KPIs used by existing operations.
3. Draft a generic mining model to identify major processes / activities. Equipment used in each of the activities and technology used for control and collection of data will be identified by drilling down into the model. This will also flush out additional stakeholders.
4. Working with the Onboard Data and Access Working Group, identify what information is available off the equipment. Use information from that working group and follow information to see how it is used.
5. Once the first pass at information gathering is completed, use the information available to draft a survey for wider industry input.
6. Hold a short meeting after the General Meeting of the MSGC in Las Vegas (September 25) to confirm direction, update on progress, solicit support (both for providing input, collecting information, and helping draft and conduct survey).
7. Long Term – develop mechanism to reevaluate ongoing information needs.