Innovative Solutions to Drive a Safer Mining Workplace through Technology
Mine operators, OEMs, and other stakeholders will benefit from a one-day workshop providing a toolkit of information to improve mine safety and performance.
The Earth Moving Equipment Safety Round Table (EMESRT) is partnering with the Global Mining Standards and Guidelines Group (GMSG) to dig into the details of both groups’ latest developments on August 15, 2013, in Montreal, in conjunction with the World Mining Congress (WMC) and International Symposium on Automation and Robotics in Construction and Mining (ISARC).
When: Thursday, August 15, 2013, 8:00 – 17:00
Where: Hyatt Regency Montreal
Contact: Heather Ednie (email@example.com 514.984.8775)
Highlights of the workshop program include:
- Introduction to EMESRT, 2012/13 successes and plans
- Overview of the EMESRT Design Evaluation Process for Procurement (EDEEP)
- Discussion of the status of EDEEP in mining companies and OEMs
- Proof of concept for a Common User Interface for Shovels and development of next steps
- Development of an application programming interface (API) for mobile mining equipment
- Overview of GMSG and EMESRT and a cooperative path forward
“Historically, companies have asked OEMs for safety features that went beyond ISO standards, however the requests were often splintered and divergent, and manufacturers could not justify the costs of making most changes. As a result, companies have been forced to modify or retrofit equipment in order to mitigate safety deficiencies in mobile equipment designs before they go into service, impacting production and financial returns. This struggle is not unique, and has left many wondering, how can we correct this self-perpetuating situation? EMESRT is the way.”
-Ben Scholz, Principal Mine Engineer, Mine Engineering, Technical Services, Newmont
Space is limited. Reserve your spot today!
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 0 in /home/content/46/9464746/html/wp-content/plugins/page-layout-builder/includes/core.php on line 59