Date: December 7
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. CET
Location: Stockholm, SW
Registration: Available here
Short Interval Control (SIC) and Real-Time Control (RTC) is a high priority for the industry, and Sweden’s mining companies have already invested in research around adoption and implementation. Join GMSG, the Canada Mining Innovation Council (CMIC) and Business Sweden for a workshop in Stockholm.
Objective: Create an action plan for a guideline that will enable increased adoption of SIC and RTC technologies, with a lower cost of implementation accessible for global mining. Participants in a previous workshop identified the following elements required for the guideline:
- Describe the vision of a SIC/RTC mine, including a map of the entire mining system, and how to plan a mine
- Outline the potential problems of SIC/RTC and provide solutions
- Explain what data should be included, for what purpose, and how to manage KPIs
- Develop common terminology and write a case for implementation
- Articulate the change of roles for workers and shift supervisors, and how to integrate new processes into current work cycle
- Compare the mindset between continuous process vs. batch process
- Show lessons learned from other industries
While a number of mining companies have implemented some aspects of SIC and RTC, for most companies there is a lack of independent guidance on how to proceed. A guideline will raise awareness of what is currently available to mine owners and operators.
The finished guideline will be a roadmap outlining possible paths from an “analog” mine to SIC and RTC, a necessary pre-cursor on the road to creating best practices. Companies will be able to see where they are currently, identify where they want to go, and see the options available to them to get there, while avoiding common pitfalls.
Tour of Boliden Mine
Date: December 6
Location: Skellefteå, Sweden
RSVP: Please email your interest to Heather Turnbull, numbers of participants are limited and cannot be guaranteed
Short Interval and Real-Time Control Workshop
Date: December 7
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. CEST
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
For more information on GMSG’s upcoming workshops, contact Heather Ednie.