Andrew is currently the Director, Mining Information Technology, for Barrick with the scope of providing technical information systems and support for the entire Mining Process which includes everything from exploration, feasibility, construction, production, reconciliation, through mine closure.
Understanding that a technical information system is critical to core mining business functions, enabling the management and/or collection of observations and measurements, Andrew and his team focus on:
• optimizing data collection, management, and use
• data interchange standardization
• foundation technology selection and implementation
• automation opportunities and autonomous technologies
• technical training and skills development
• support (application, vendor relationship management, stakeholder management)